Keeping it green
A number of green initiatives have been implemented at this year's event.
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Greenhouse gas emissions associated with the use of diesel generators will be neutralized through the purchase and retirement of high quality carbon offsets
Our goal is to divert waste from landfill, through recycling and organics collection programs. The following initiatives will be on-site at the event:
- Free water is available at water stations located across Mel Lastman Square to help reduce waste generated from single use containers, please be sure to bring your own water bottle on race day!
- Compostable or recyclable food packaging, avoiding Styrofoam and serving condiments in bulk where possible
- Unused food will be donated to local food banks
- We encourage participants to come to the event via bicycle, public transportation or carpool. Bicycle parking racks will be available on Yonge Street in front of Mel Lastman Square.
- Mel Lastman is accessible via TTC get directions.